ClayAR v0.002 (Lite v0.2)
3/16/2011 ClayAR v0.002 is finally out… in an early private beta.
Bug caveats – View mode zoom in/out may cause perceptual freezes, and ARCam on Snapdragon device toggle from reg cam to ARCam crashes. iPad accelerometer weirdness in auto-rotate.
You will only need an AR marker if you are using the .apk compiled for a Android Qualcomm Snapdragon phone (on such a device, of course). I’ll be integrating support for AR toolkits for other devices sometime in the future.
- ClayAR v0.002 for Android Qualcomm Snapdragon phones
- ClayAR v0.002 for Android non-Snapdragon and Android tablets(accelerometer AR only, currently no AR cam)
- ClayAR v0.002 for iPhone / iPad (accelerometer AR only, currently no AR cam)
- “New” button actually loads a new mesh –
with choice of starter mesh! (pending v0.003)
- Single color button backgrounds (rather than with indentation)
- Strength slider is now wider and easier to use…
- Strength slider allows text entry
- Info/Help overlay button now in Menu, rather than in edit/view modes. iOS devices access menu by pressing the “i” button on top right corner
User Login – Also has a “Just let me create now!” button, but all meshes here will be public. – v0.003 Pending Load Panel – Pagination! – v0.003 Pending Multi Mesh – v0.003 Pending Mirror – v0.003 Pending
- MacroMesh Operation: Stretch XYZ
- Accelerometer-based AR with XYZ locks
- non-Snapdragon phone support, iOS support!
Lots more to come in a rather multiversioned roadmap including either multimesh or zBrush-like zSpheres (ARSpheres?) and displacement map painting… Materials and Lighting lab. (Easy on Unity!)